Sunday, February 13, 2011

do you smell something burning?

So I'm 3 hrs away from home and smoke comes billowing from the dash. Yikes!
I pulled over immediately and shut the engine down and got out to look up under the dash. And do my eyes see, but a warped, smoking, smelly bulb failure warning sensor. So I pulled it out and apart and saw that it must have shorted out somewhere and just fried itself from the inside out.
Now, of course I find these cost from $50-$100 new. So I will be calling the junk yards. And of course no one has one until monday at the earliest, but I need to be back home Sunday night.
I bought some wire and used some duct tape (didn't have anything with me) and just shoved wires into the connector and completed the necessary circuits to regain my brake lights, headlights, and running lights. The work's a bit sloppy, but it'll get me home.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment